How to get to Academia Sinica
Click here for Academia Sinica E-Map.
- Go to Nangang Station and get out from Exit No.2, turn right and transfer buses 212(Express/Shuttle), 270 or BL25 then get off at Academia Sinica Stop.
- Go to Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center Station and get out from Exit No.5, cross the street for bus 212, 276, 306, 620, 645, 679, 205, S5, S1、S12 then get off at Academia Sinica Stop.
- Bannan Line: Go to Taipei Main Station and transfer to Nangang Station or Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center Station
- Tamsui-Xinyi Line: Go to Taipei Main Station and transfer Bannan Line to Nangang Station or Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center Station
- Wenhu Line: Go to Zongxiao Fuxing Station and transfer Bannan Line to Nangang Station or Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center Station
- Zonghe-Xinlu Line: Go to Zongxiao Xinsheng and transfer Bannan Line to Nangang Station or Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center Station
S12、BL25、679、S5、S1 (get off at Academia Sinica Stop)
Airport to Taipei
- Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport
- Terminal 1 Service Counter: +886-3-2735081
Terminal 2 Service Counter: +886-3- 2735086
- Taipei Songsang Airport
- Service Counter: +886-2-8770-3456 / +886-2-8770-3430
Taipei Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS)
The MRT currently has five lines in operation. Tickets can be purchased at automatic-ticket machines in all MRT stations. A "Single-journey Ticket" costs between NT$20 to NT$65 depends on distance. A NT$150"One-day Pass" purchased from a service booth will allow unlimited travel among all MRT lines within one day.
Route Map & Timetables
The MRT runs from 6 am to 12 midnight seven days a week. Smoking, eating, drinking or gum chewing are strictly prohibited on all MRT trains.
In addition, the use of cellular phones is prohibited in the first and the last car of each train.
Taipei has a huge fleet of taxis. Charges are NT$70 for the first 1.25km and NT$5 for each additional 300 meters. An additional NT$5 is charged for every two minutes of waiting, and a surcharge NT$20 is added to fares between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. All fares appear on the meter, except for a NT$10 charge for cabs dispatched by phone and for each piece of luggage placed in taxi trunk. Tips are not required.